- All occupants of the boat are required to read and sign the Houseboat Hire Agreement prior to departure. Occupants under 18 years of age require the signature of a parental/guardian.
- The number of people on board is limited to 12 by law.
- A least one member of the crew must be a responsible person over 21 years of age, and hold a current driver’s licence.
- The boat must be driven in daylight hours only.
- It is an offence to operate a houseboat under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No pets/ firearms/motorbikes or chainsaws are allowed on board the boat.
- Fuel cans are not permitted on board at any time (fuel may be purchased on site or at Mildura Marina).
- No smoking is permitted on board the houseboat.
- Management reserves the right to refuse any hire without stating the grounds for refusal or termination.
- We agree to have the boat, motor and accessories in good working order. We will not be obliged to compensate the hirer for loss of time due to unforeseen mechanical problems during the hire period. In the unlikely event of unfavourable river or unforeseen circumstances causing danger to the houseboat, management reserves the right to rearrange the booking. Every effort will be made to give notice in advance if such circumstances arise.
- The hire will begin at 2.30pm on the day of departure.
- The boat is to be returned to the mooring by 9am and vacated by 10am on the last day. Late penalties apply ($100.00).
- A deposit of $1000 per week is required within 7 days to confirm a booking.
- After a deposit is paid, the price quoted will not change.
- Full payment is required 2 months prior to departure.
- A Bond of $1000 is payable 2 weeks before departure. This bond is in addition to the hire charge and will be refunded, less fuel/gas charges and any other extras, within 7 days of the boat being returned in good clean condition. Any damage or additional cleaning required will be charged for at cost. The bond is doubled for single sex groups hiring the boat.
- A credit card is to be recorded for security purposes upon boarding.
- An Insurance Excess reduction option is available- the amount is $40 per night. This limits the hirer to a maximum of $500 payable for damage to the houseboat in the case of an insurable incident. This optional payment lowers the insurance excess payable by the hirer from the standard $2500 per claim to $500 per claim. If the hirer chooses the Insurance excess reduction option, the payment will be deducted from the bond payment.
Cancellations must be made a minimum of 2 months prior to the commencement of the hire for a refund of the deposit to be payable. Travel insurance is recommended. If the booking is cancelled less than 2 months prior to the commencement of the hire, no deposit money will be refunded until the full period of the booking has been re-booked. An administration fee of $100 applies on all refunds.
For further information and bookings email us: email@example.com